Zach Bitter (Strava) recently set the new 100-mile (161km) run World Record in 11 hours and 19 minutes. He averaged 6:48 min / mile = 4:13 min / km and beat the previous work record by 9 minutes! That’s about four sub 3 hour marathons in a row!!
He is an absolute fat burning machine and I was thrilled to interview Zach for The Extramilest Show. The full episode launches next Friday September 13th about heart rate training, nutrition, mindsets and much more.
Zach mostly races ultra endurance distances. His nutritional approach in training is based on high fat, low carb, with protein also being a pretty big foundation. He uses carbs as a tool to hit the gas when needed.
In the past 10 years he ran more than 50,000 miles = 80,467km. Using performance as his compass, he has found that ketosis during some stages, with a periodized carbohydrates approach works well for him.
Watch to video to find out more about how Zach decided how many carbs to take in during different stages of training.
YOU CAN FIND ZACH BITTER HERE:
– Website: https://zachbitter.com
– Strava: https://www.strava.com/pros/5255567
– Instagram: @zachbitter (https://instagram.com/zachbitter)
– Twitter: @zbitter (https://twitter.com/zbitter)
YOU CAN FIND ME, FLORIS GIERMAN HERE:
• Strava – https://www.strava.com/athletes/1329785
• YouTube – https://bit.ly/2CfLJbK
• Newsletter with Running Tips and Racing Strategies – https://bit.ly/2QFc3ky
• My website – https://extramilest.com
• Podcast – https://extramilest.com/podcast/
• Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/florisgierman
• Extramilest Facebook Group: https://bit.ly/2M3qP40
• Facebook (Personal) – https://www.facebook.com/florisgierman